March 11, 2020
Dear Howard University Community,
In support of the University’s most recent COVID-19 response, it is important that each unit within the Howard community develop a plan to ensure business continuity. Your plan should include:
- Secure remote access to HU systems
- Secure access to mission critical HU documents and files
- Unified communications with your department and teams
- Audio and video conferencing capabilities
- Forward voice calls from your Howard landline to a mobile phone
- Leave an out of office message indicating the length of time you will be unavailable via phone, and an alternate manner in which you can be reached
- Test your ability to use an online medium to deliver instructional or operational mechanisms
Students – Staying Connected to Howard and Working Online with Classmates:
We recognize that staying connected to your university is important. ETS is providing you with several alternative to connect and continue working on your important projects and activities.
The most effective business continuity plans are tested before they are needed. Therefore, we ask that you review and test the instructions provided before implementation. If you have any questions, please contact ETS via email at email@example.com.
Excellence in Truth and Service,
Enterprise Technology Services (ETS)